The ECFS and EuroCareCF have worked together to pave the way for an ECFS-Clinical Trial Network (ECFS-CTN), which has now been active since 2008. The network currently provides access to 58 large and experienced CF centres, located in 17 different countries throughout Europe representing 21 500 CF-patients.
The aim of the European Cystic Fibrosis Clinical Trial Network is to intensify clinical research in the area of cystic fibrosis and to bring new medicines to the patients as quickly as possible. This is done by:
• Sharing expertise among dedicated CF researchers.
• Involving and cooperating with the patient organizations.
• Centralizing review of clinical trial protocols in cooperation with the pharmaceutical industry.
• Supporting the study conduct in the sites that are part of the network.
• Standardizing research procedures and outcome parameters, and
• Providing training to the site’s staff.
All requests for ECFS-CTN partnership in EU funded projects need to be received at least 8 weeks in advance of the application deadline. Please find more information on how to request partnership in the attached application form.
For questions, please contact the coordinating centre email@example.com