Site updated: 27 October 2022
All centres fulfill a certain set of criteria such as number of patients, human resources, experience in clinical trials and infrastructure support.
The aim of the European Cystic Fibrosis Clinical Trials Network is to intensify clinical research in the area of cystic fibrosis and to bring new medicines to the patients as quickly as possible. This is done by:
- Sharing expertise among dedicated CF researchers.
- Involving and cooperating with the patient organizations.
- Centralizing review of clinical trial protocols in cooperation with the pharmaceutical industry.
- Supporting the study conduct in the sites that are part of the network.
- Standardizing research procedures and outcome parameters.
- Providing training to the site’s staff.
Apart from study design, motivating patients to take part in research and promoting safety of participants in clinical trials are of great importance.
The CTN is also in close contact with the CFF Therapeutics Development Network in the US, to work together on the review and conduct of global studies.