The list of references hereunder gives an overview of relevant publications on mental Health in Cystic Fibrosis.
Open Access articles are marked with [Open Access] . Click on the title to be redirected to the article.
We will regularly add new relevant studies.
Feel free to send us any suggestion you might have to info@ECFSmentalhealth
- Abbott, J., J.S.Elborn, A.M.Georgiopoulos, L. Goldbeck, K.A.Sabadosaf, B.A.Smithg A.L.Quittner Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and European Cystic Fibrosis Society Survey of Cystic Fibrosis mental health care delivery. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis Volume 14, Issue 4, July 2015, Pages 533-539
- Alistair J.A.Duff Depression in cystic fibrosis; Implications of The International Depression/Anxiety Epidemiological Study (TIDES) in cystic fibrosis Pediatric Respiratory reviews Volume 16, Supplement 1, October 2015, Pages 2-5
- Backström-Eriksson L, Sorjonen K, Bergsten-Brucefors A, Hjelte L, Melin B. Anxiety and depression in adults with cystic fibrosis: a comparison between patients and the general population in Sweden and three other European countries. BMC Pulm Med. 2015 Oct 14;15:121. doi: 10.1186/s12890-015-0117-9. [Open Access]
- Baiardini I, Steinhilber G, DI Marco F, Braido F, Solidoro P. Anxiety and depression in cystic fibrosis. Minerva Med. 2015 Oct;106(5 Suppl 1):1-8. Review. [Open Access]
- Catastini P, Di Marco S, Furriolo M, Genovese C, Grande A, Iacinti E, Iusco DR, Nobili RM, Pescini R, Ragni R, Randazzo R, Risso C, Tabarini P, Braggion C, De Masi S, McGreevy KS.The prevalence of anxiety and depression in Italian patients with cystic fibrosis and their caregivers. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2016 Dec;51(12):1311-1319. doi: 10.1002/ppul.23566.[Open Access]
- Duff AJ, Abbott J, Cowperthwaite C, Sumner C, Hurley MA, Quittner A; TIDES-UK Group. Depression and anxiety in adolescents and adults with cystic fibrosis in the UK: a cross-sectional study. J Cyst Fibros. 2014 Dec;13(6):745-53. doi: 10.1016/j.jcf.2014.02.010.[Open Access]
- Fidika A; Marion Herle and Lutz Goldbeck; Symptoms of depression impact the course of lung function in adolescents and adults with cystic fibrosis BMC Pulmonary Medicine201414:205
- Fidika, A; Marion Herle, Christine Lehmann, Christa Weiss, Christine Knaevelsrud, Lutz Goldbeck A web based psychological support program for care givers of children with Cystic Fibrosis a pilot study, Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 2015, Volume 13, Number 1, Page 1
- Garcia G, Snell C, Sawicki G, Simons LE. Mental Health Screening of Medically-Admitted Patients With Cystic Fibrosis. Psychosomatics. 2017 Aug 30. pii: S0033-3182(17)30188-3. doi: 10.1016/j.psym.2017.08.010 [Open Access]
- Knudsen, K.B.; T. Pressler L. H. Mortensen M. Jarden M. Skov A. L. Quittner T. Katzenstein; K. A. Boisen. Associations between adherence, depressive symptoms and health‑related quality of life in young adults with cystic fibrosis SpringerPlus December 2016, 5:1216
- Latchford G, Duff AJ. Screening for depression in a single CF centre. J Cyst Fibros. 2013 Dec;12(6):794-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jcf.2013.04.002
- Modi AC, Driscoll KA, Montag-Leifling K, Acton JD. Screening for symptoms of depression and anxiety in adolescents and young adults with cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2011 Feb;46(2):153-9. doi: 10.1002/ppul.21334 [Open Access]
- Quittner AL, Abbott J, Georgiopoulos AM, Goldbeck L, Smith B, Hempstead SE, Marshall B, Sabadosa KA, Elborn S; International Committee on Mental Health; EPOS Trial Study Group. International Committee on Mental Health in Cystic Fibrosis: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and European Cystic Fibrosis Society consensus statements for screening and treating depression and anxiety. Thorax. 2016 Jan;71(1):26-34. doi: 10.1136/thoraxjnl-2015-207488. [Open Access]
- Quittner AL, Goldbeck L, Abbott J, Duff A, Lambrecht P, Solé A, Tibosch MM, Bergsten Brucefors A, Yüksel H, Catastini P, Blackwell L, Barker D Prevalence of depression and anxiety in patients with cystic fibrosis and parent caregivers: results of The International Depression Epidemiological Study across nine countries. Thorax. 2014 Dec;69(12):1090-7. doi: 10.1136/thoraxjnl-2014-205983
- Quittner, A; Saez-Flores, Estefany; Barton, John D. The psychological burden of cystic fibrosis Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine: March 2016 - Volume 22 - Issue 2 - p 187–191 doi: 10.1097/MCP.0000000000000244 Special Commentary
- Quon BS, Bentham WD, Unutzer J, Chan YF, Goss CH, Aitken ML.Prevalence of symptoms of depression and anxiety in adults with cystic fibrosis based on the PHQ-9 and GAD-7 screening questionnaires. Psychosomatics. 2015 Jul-Aug;56(4):345-53. doi: 10.1016/j.psym.2014.05.017 [Open Access]
- Pakhale, S., Justine Baron, Michael Armstrong, Georgio Tasca, Ena Gaudet, Shawn Aaron, William Cameron, Louise Balfour A cross sectional study of the psychological needs of adults living with Cystic Fibrosis PLOS one Published: June 23, 2015 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0127944
- Smith BA, Georgiopoulos AM, Quittner AL.Maintaining mental health and function for the long run in cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2016 Oct;51(S44):S71-S78. doi: 10.1002/ppul.23522.[Open Access]
- Talwalkar JS, Koff JL, Lee HB, Britto CJ, Mulenos AM, Georgiopoulos AM. Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Regulator Modulators: Implications for the Management of Depression and Anxiety in Cystic Fibrosis. Psychosomatics. 2017 Jul - Aug;58(4):343-354. doi: 10.1016/j.psym.2017.04.001 [Open Access]